Tourist Spots : Mukteshwar
- Location:: Mukteshwar, Uttrakhand (51 km from nainital)
- Climate:: Summer: : 11oC to 23oC Winter: -5oC to 10oC
- Ideal duration to stay:: 1 to 2 days
- Nearest airport::pantnagar(90.3km)
- Nearest railways:: kathgodam(56.3km)
Mukteshwar is a tourist destination famous among the sight seekers and packed around the year especially during winters as it receive handsome amount of snowfall.
Mukteshwar has an ancient lord shiva temple aged 360 years also known as mukteshwar dham located in the highest peak there. It is said that lord shiva defeated a demon then free him (mukt) and give him salvation. The magnificent and scenic beauty of India’s second highest peak Nanda devi located in the Great Himalayas can also be viewed from the peak of the temple.
It is located at an altitude of 2286 m above the sea level in the Nainital district of Uttrakhand. Mukteshwar .you can have an adventurous holiday along with enjoying the true beauty of nature.
A pleasant and salubrious weather during Summer, temp range: 11oC to 23oC and winters are very cold in, temp range: -5oC to 10oC. Mukteshwar can be visited round the year i.e. from January to December. Heavy snowfall in winters.
Places To See
- Mukteshwar Dham(2km from town)
- Indian veterinary research institute museum
- Chauliki jail
- Mukteshwar mahadev mandir( 1 km from town)
- BhaluGaad waterfall
- Mukteshwar inspection bunglow
- Brahmeswara Temple
Why to choose your next vacationsin Mukteshwar
- To have an excited experience while doing some adventure enjoying pleasant climate and love of nature
- Mukteshwar is a pilgrimage attraction for lots of people.
- The Whole town is like a place of meditation (tapovan). Sit in some quite place, close your eyes, forgot all your tension, feel the wind on your face and relax for 20 minutes. After you open your eyes you feel energy is boosted in every part of body.
- The Over-hanging hills(called ChaulikiJali) near to the mukteshwar temple provide best rock climibing and rappelling service in the town.
- There are several packages for trekking and camping in and around the town. /li>
- Others outdooractivities include mountain biking, paragliding, sightseeing, nature ride, bird watching.
- Provide a picturesque view for all those photographers.
- Shopping: it is the center of various Himalayan orchards. You can buy fruis from local at a low cost. The kilmora shop is a famous outlet for fruits, pickles, juices and jams.
How to reach Mukteshwar
Mukteshwaris well connected with all the national highways providing you a refreshing drive enjoyimg the beauty of nature. You can book a taxi or rent a car from haldwani (72 km from mukteshwar) and 343 km from nation capital
Nearest railway station: Kathgodam, Nearest airport: Pantnagar.
Route to follow::
Delhi » Ghaziabad » Gajrola » Moradabad » Rampur » Rudrapur » Haldwani » Kathgodam » Bhimtal » Mukteshwar